Website Herring Bank
Relationships for a Lifetime
Herring Bank is currently seeking a Universal Banker. Apply Today.
Join our team in Colorado Springs, Co. as a Universal Banker. As a Universal Banker, you should be able to deliver a Superior Customer Experience and should be focused, highly organized and able to manage time effectively.
At Herring Bank, our mission is to build “Relationships for a Lifetime”; Universal Banker is the face of our company and holds an essential role in delivering on our mission by providing an outstanding Customer Experience. The position of Universal Banker is responsible for performing routine branch and customer services duties; accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; processes loan payments; cashes checks and savings withdrawals; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and uncovering customer needs-referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. Tellers help safeguard the Bank by adhering to the Control Binder in operational and regulatory compliance, internal controls and procedures. The position of Universal Banker is to provide excellent customer service and maximize relationships with clients by meeting their needs with both in-person contact and as a technological resource. Develops business checking and deposit relationships with customers that meet compliance guidelines, and protect the assets of the bank.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF A UNIVERSAL BANKER:
- Receives retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; determines that all necessary deposit documents are in proper form, verifies cash, and issues receipts.
- Cash checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances; confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in proper form and are within authorized limits; uses due diligence to make decisions when questionable items are presented for cashing.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
REQUIREMENTS OF A UNIVERSAL BANKER:
- Must be able to pass a background and credit check.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years of related experience and/or training; of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work related experience should consist of a cash handling and/or customer service background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Basic typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; word processing and spreadsheet software.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please apply by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will vary depending on experience.
About Our Benefits:
Herring Bank offers a competitive salary and benefits, including a 401K match. We have been able to offer our employees excellent health care, dental and vision insurance at very low rates. Our new hires accrue two weeks of vacation and a week of sick leave each year in addition to the normal bank holidays.
Organization Overview: Herring Bank was founded in Texas in 1899. The bank provides a full range of commercial and consumer banking products. While the bank is primarily owned by the family of its founder, C.T. Herring, the bank has officers, directors or owners in all of the communities that it serves. Through local leadership and ownership, Herring Bank has created a legacy of helping customers with their financial needs for some 114 years. The organization is headquartered in Amarillo, Texas and has around 200 employees working in Texas, Oklahoma, and Colorado.
At Herring Bank, we don’t just have job openings. We have career opportunities! Our goal is to hire candidates focused on personal and professional growth. Promoting our team members from within is one of the major goals in Herring Bank’s culture of opportunity. As a growing bank, it is important to us to develop our team members into the leaders of tomorrow. To further that promise to our team, we have many options encouraging the pursuit of higher education and training. If you are willing to adopt a philosophy of positivity and an upbeat disposition, you will fit right in with our current team of industry rockstars. Herring Bank’s team members boast that they have a favorable work/life balance, and have the time and flexibility to take care of what’s truly important.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – MEMBER FDIC
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com