Website Herring Bank
Relationships for a Lifetime
Herring Bank is looking for a Part-time Teller in our Civic Location. Want to Connect to a great team with excellent pay and benefits? Then the Part-time Teller position might be right for you. If you can deliver a Superior Customer Experience, be focused, highly organized, and are able to manage time effectively, then read on to Connect with us.
At Herring Bank, our mission is to build “Relationships for a Lifetime”; Tellers, including our part-time tellers, are the face of our company and hold an essential role in delivering on our mission by providing an outstanding Customer Experience. The position of Part-time Teller is responsible for performing routine branch and customer services duties; accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; processes loan payments; cash checks and savings withdrawals; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and uncovering customer needs-referring customers to appropriate staff for new services. Part-time Tellers help safeguard the Bank by adhering to the Control Binder in operational and regulatory compliance, internal controls and procedures.
- Receives retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; determines that all necessary deposit documents are in proper form, verifies cash, and issues receipts.
- Cash checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances; confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in proper form and are within authorized limits; uses due diligence to make decisions when questionable items are presented for cashing.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
Must be able to pass a background and credit check.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 6 months of Teller experience or 1 year of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a cash handling and/or customer service background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Basic typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; word processing and spreadsheet software.
If this sounds like the job and place you’ve been looking for, then send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary will vary depending on experience.
About Our Benefits: Herring Bank offers a competitive salary and benefits, including:
- PTO (Prorated to your Date of Hire)
- 401K match
All banks have job openings; at Herring Bank, we have career opportunities! We hire candidates focused on personal and professional growth. We prefer to promote our team members from within. We develop team members into banking leaders of tomorrow. So bring your positive attitude and upbeat outlook on over to Herring Bank and you will fit right in with our current team of industry rockstars.
Organization Overview: Founded in Texas in 1899, Herring Bank provides a full range of commercial and consumer banking products. We have been family owned and anchored in our communities since we began; those priorities still guide everything we do. Our bank officers, directors, and owners live in the communities we serve. We have moved our headquarters from Vernon, TX to Amarillo but for over 117 years our 200+ employees across three states have ensured that our legacy remains: Help Customers with Their Financial Needs through Local Leadership and Ownership.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – MEMBER FDIC
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com